Friday, June 4, 2010

Aolani, You Have Not Been Forgotten

I have been thinking really hard over the last few months since Aolani was born, trying to rack my mind for some amazing insight from parenthood. That is why I have not written anything about Aolani or being dad to a precious little girl. I kept getting ideas for other blogs, but I kept telling myself, "No, a blog about Aolani must be the first thing I write after her birth." However, in the end, I just ended up stressing myself out trying to come up with something grandiose and poignant. I could not think of anything witty or funny. I could not give Aolani her due for how great a little baby she is. Meanwhile, more blog ideas just kept passing me up.

Finally, I just had to give up. But, needless to say, Aolani, you are something special. So special, in fact, that nothing could be written to adequately sum up your arrival. When you get older and read this one day, you will know that you were more than words -- that, and quite a hand-full to take care of, which is also why writing blogs has been hard to do. But all babies are hand-fulls, so don't take it to heart.

Not to worry, a blog about Aolani is forthcoming. It will not be a Tolkienian tome of a masterpiece, but it will be about Aolani. Hopefully, it will make her feel special.

No comments:

Post a Comment